Improving your property and landscape should always be on the top of your priority list. Landscaping can actually increase a home’s resale value by up to 14%, so it’s important to always be thinking about these outdoor tasks. Whether you’re just brainstorming new landscaping projects for the summer or are ready to begin making improvements right away, it’s time to figure out your next landscaping move.
Bark blowing is a great way to improve the look and feel of your outdoor landscape. Barkdust can look amazing and provide all kinds of improvements for various outdoor features on your property. Here is everything you need to know about this popular landscaping material.
- Barkdust durability — On average, barkdust will last between two and three years as long as it was correctly placed down.
- Factors that contribute to bark dust’s durability — In addition to how well the material is actually placed, the slope of the landscape, weather conditions, and amount of traffic through the material all contribute to its durability.
- Amount of barkdust — Typically, in terms of landscaping applications, it’s important to use a layer of two to three inches of barkdust for optimal results.
- Amount of barkdust for larger projects — When it comes to larger outdoor landscaping projects, a 12-inch layer of barkdust is recommended.
- Common types of barkdust –Though there are many, the two most common types of barkdust are fir (number one) and hemlock (number two).
- Applying new barkdust — It’s recommended to apply a new lawyer of barkdust every two to four years, depending on how well it has been maintained and the type of bark you’re using.
Because barkdust can help improve your property so much, it’s essential to work with bark blowing professionals to ensure that the barkdust blowing is done correctly.
Don’t just leave your outdoor landscaping plain and neglect property improvements. If you want to learn more about bark blowing or work with professional bark blowers, contact Barkdusters today!