Having bark dust placed throughout your yard can be great for your property’s landscaping. You’ll have to do more than just purchase a bag or two of this product, however. It’s important to do some research and find out what it takes to improve your lawn with bark dust.
Here are some frequently asked questions about bark dust and how this material can provide landscaping benefits:
- How should bark dust be applied? — When applying bark dust, it’s best to spread it on your property in layers. For landscaping projects, a layer of two to three inches of bark dust is typically recommended for the best results.
- Can I apply the bark dust myself? — You can, but it will likely not go all that well. Your best bet is to contact professional bark blowers and have them spread the bark dust across your property in a precise and efficient manner.
- What if I buy too much bark dust? — You might not know exactly how much bark dust you need on your property, and that’s okay. As long as you’re working with a credible bark blowing company, you will only be charged for the actual amount of product blown on your lawn and not any excess material that you might have ordered.
- How often should bark dust be applied? — It’s recommended that new bark dust should be applied at least once every two to four years. The need for reapplying product depends entirely on the type of bark and how well it has been maintained.
- How much can these projects increase my return on investment (ROI)? — As long as you’re spending around 5% of your home’s value on bark dust and other landscape improving projects, you can yield an ROI as high as 150%.
Before you start tossing around mulch or other material around your landscape, it’s best you speak with experienced professionals. If you want to learn more about how bark dust blowing can significantly improve your property’s look and value, give Barkdusters a call today.